Establishment and Background
- The Japanese Humic Substance Society (JHSS) was founded in 2001 for the purpose of promoting and fostering the study of humic substances.
- The Japanese Association for Humic Substances, the predecessor of the JHSS was founded in 1984 to bring together scientists in soil, water, geochemical, analytical, and food sciences with interests in humic substances.
- JHSS also serves as the Japan Chapter of the International Humic Substances Society (IHSS).
- Annual Meetings
- The society holds an annual meeting consisting of lectures, discussions and symposiums on humic subjects.
- The 29th meetings will be held at Saga University on November 2013:
- The 28th meetings were held at Tokyo Metroplitan University on November 2012:
- The 27th meetings were held at Kanazawa University on November 2011:
- The 26th meetings were held at Tsukuba University on November 2010: English program are here!
- The 25th meetings were held at University of Hyogo on November 2009: English program are here!
- “Humic Substances Research (HSR)” is published as an annual issue, which is written research articles, reviews and information on aspect of humic substances in English or Japanese.HSR
- Two books on humic substances (in japanese) were published in 2007 and 2008.
- JHSS has a membership of over 200 scientists.